[mythtv-users] Mac OS X Mini Update

Christian Reynolds cyberdoc at astro.cmreynolds.org
Fri Jun 17 05:03:24 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am currently using MythTV with a Fedora Core 13 backend, and a Mac OSX 10.6 front end.

My backend software is installed from rpm -- 0.23.1-2fc.x64  as I am running the 64 bit kernel.  I could go back to a 32 bit OS, as I don't have > 4 GB of RAM, but oh well.

The frontend software is

MythTV svn 0.23-fixes-r25374+psychos2, and I am running it in analog audio mode due to problems explained on the wiki, and in bug 5552.

I see that this bug has been closed as fixed very recently, and am wondering where I can find the code integrated into a ready-made client. The current sourceforge file is /MythFrontend-0.24.1-fixes-intel-10.6v0.24.1-11-g40a3124-dirty.dmg and I doubt that this will work on 0.23 backend, but I am also thrown by the "dirty" in the .dmg file.  What does dirty mean?

The last time I performed an update of the backend, I had to search hard for a proper Mac frontend, due to versioning issues.  Is there a way that I can tell exactly what matched OS X Frontend will work with what particular backend?

Thanks,

Christian