[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Scott Lipcon slipcon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:56:15 UTC 2011

To chime in here, I think I'm having a pretty similar problem -  I've got a
Hauppauge PVR-250, running Mythbuntu 11.04, which is kernel 2.6.38-8-generic
#42-Ubuntu.   Mythbuntu comes with lirc 0.8.7, but I'm wondering if its been
patched for the devinput stuff?   The Mythtv devinput wiki page seems to say
*buntu should be ok.

I've modified a hauppauge_grey keytable that I found online, and have it
such that ir-keytable -t gives reasonable results for every key.

I've got LIRC configured such that it receives the devinputs correctly, and
irw shows each key.

When I go in to mythfrontend however, I get dupe keypresses on pretty much
anything that maps to a standard key (ie, the arrows, numbers, etc) - which
from this thread and others means I should have to do:

echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

which has absolutely no effect on my system:

mythtv# cat /sys/class/rc/rc4/protocols
rc-5
mythtv# echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc4/protocols
mythtv# cat /sys/class/rc/rc4/protocols
rc-5
mythtv#

I feel like I must be close.... but I could use some help.

Thanks,
Scott