[mythtv-users] .25 release schedule

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Jun 17 00:54:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Joe Hickey <jfwd at phlobus.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Richard Morton
> > <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It has been stated here that the 0.24-fixes branch and the mythbuntu
> >> *.fixes branch are the most stable versions available and definately
> >> more stable than the snapshot that ubuntu takes during the pre-release
> >> cycle of a release; even an LTS release.
> >>
> >> I would use the mythbuntu daily fixes builds over ubuntus anyday.
> >>

> > I second that.
>
> Carried (with acclamation!)

The Mythbuntu-team provides the builds for Ubuntu using the same process as
we do for our -fixes builds. We also provide builds for all MythTV releases
that occur during a given LTS release window. In theory, you can use
Mythbuntu (or Ubuntu) 10.04 and you will have available each MythTV version
that gets released until the next LTS release (every 2 years), thus only
needing to do major Linux upgrades every 2 years yet still be on the latest
MythTV version.

It is the opinion of the Mythbuntu team that you should at the very least be
using the -fixes repository to stay current on fixes for your specific
MythTV version.