[mythtv-users] .25 release schedule

Joe Hickey jfwd at phlobus.net
Thu Jun 16 20:18:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> It has been stated here that the 0.24-fixes branch and the mythbuntu
> *.fixes branch are the most stable versions available and definately
> more stable than the snapshot that ubuntu takes during the pre-release
> cycle of a release; even an LTS release.
>
> I would use the mythbuntu daily fixes builds over ubuntus anyday.

I second that.  I also keep my myth machines on Ubuntu LTS to avoid
the pain associated with frequent OS upgrades.   But I've enabled the
mythbuntu repository of the -fixes branch.  IIRC when setting it up I
had the choice of getting 0.23.1-fixes or 0.24, so I stayed on 0.23 at
the time which brought in all the bug fixes that were done to 0.23
that ubuntu builds never got.

The -fixes auto builds are much better than the ubuntu builds, because
they actually _get_ the fixes - and the fixes are generally safe and
stable and address real problems (hence the name).  Ubuntu builds lag
way behind so you'll still have all the known bugs.