[mythtv-users] Trouble getting LIRC to work

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu Jun 16 16:44:06 UTC 2011

After searching and reading many documents,
I have been unable to get LIRC installed successfully.
The problems I've encountered with all that is written:

             more than 2 years old
             for older releases of linux (which do not
             have the lirc modules included in the kernal)

I believe I have the latest Mythtv;
it was obtained using the following three commands:

             git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
             cd mythtv
             git checkout fixes/0.24

Linux is:

             Distribution is debian squeeze/stabl
             Linux kernel is 2.6.38-2-amd64 #1 SMP Sun
                    May 8 13:51:57 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

what I would like to do with LIRC is to allow Mythtv
to send commands to the satellite set-top-box

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Gary