[mythtv-users] EIT vs XMLTV - Formula 1 and adhoc rescheduling

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:07:33 UTC 2011

Actually, as xmltv supplies two weeks and eit supplies 1week all the
programmes would be created in the db by xmltv. If there were mismatches
between the times of programmes according to eit against that in the xmltv
data(now in the database) the offending section of programmes/time&channel
would be deleted and replaced with the eit data. In this way xmltv would be
used almost always and eit would override it only where the times of
programmes don't line up.

I admit this is a little simplistic but it illustrates how we could manage
two datasources without updating records and using fuzzy matches, instead
using some simplistic matching and recreation of records if data doesn't
match.

I think this would work for the uk, and my use case, what about other
territories and other peoples use?

Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard