[mythtv-users] DCX3200 Fails in 0.24-2

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:12:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:

> Is the list of known vendor/model IDs something that perhaps should be
> moved to a text file?  If there are no functional changes required to
> the code to support the devices (other than the ID), then having this
> be data-driven would allow the addition of new models without having
> to recompile Myth from source.

The same info is used in tuning and channel changing, but I just don't
know the firewire recorder stuff (outside of having added some new
models) well enough to know whether there would be a substantial
performance penalty there, or whether it's feasible or not for any
other reason.

Robert