[mythtv-users] lirc_serial hardware does not support sending

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:41:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> I'm presently at a loss as to why it wouldn't be working on your
> end though. I presume you're positive that you don't have any
> outdated lirc userspace bits lingering around that might actually
> be running instead of the 0.9.0 bits?
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Thanks for looking into it, I finally got it working!
It seems there must have been some old lirc stuff floating around.
I completely removed all references to lirc/ir on my machine and
recompiled after doing a distclean.
Reconfigured, rebuilt the kernel (after removing the kernel serial
port driver) and voila everything works.
Many thanks!

Lee