[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 USB for MythTV

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Tue Jun 14 08:42:19 UTC 2011

Have you considered to change your existing PCIe card with a dual (or possibly quad) PCIe card?

I have one of these:
http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2332_Digital-Devices-Cine-S2---Duale-DVB-S2-HDTV--Rev--V5-5-.html

It works very well on OpenSUSE 11.3 (kernel 2.6.34) with recent v4l-dvb drivers. There was no problem getting it to work.
It is also possible that the drivers are included in newer kernels.

The card is low profile and has a connector that allows you to get up to four tuners using only one full hight PCIe slot.

http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2355_Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-S2-Extension.html

http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2380_Digital-Devices-slot-bracket-DuoFlex-Type-H.html

Jens