[mythtv-users] "New Episodes Only" filtering for recording rules

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:23:10 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As various seasons are coming to a close (in the UK anyway), such as
CSI/CSI:NY/NCIS etc etc, I wanted to leave my recording rules in tact, so
they are ready for next time.  I have never had that many rules, so just
removed them and re-created them when I knew the series was starting up
again, but this isn't the best way and is getting harder to manage.

So I checked out the settings via Mythweb and saw I could filter on "New
Episodes Only".  I changed my rules to have this option, but Myth is still
scheduling CSI re-runs on Five USA, even though the series has now finished.

I also tried "Exclude Repeat Episodes", but this didn't seem to change
anything.

I did try and find the right page on the Wiki where this stuff is described,
but didn't have much luck.  Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

Martin