[mythtv-users] Missing --passthrough option in mythtranscode

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:28:28 UTC 2011

On 12 June 2011 22:17, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> It's brilliant. So far I've been using it to cut out parts of
> recordings, rather than save space. The pass through option
> makes such a huge difference when the source is more than
> stereo. Really nice feature. And --fifodir (which I've known
> about for only a short period of time) give load of flexibility
> for the video: I've been able to maintain the interlace of some
> of my recordings, for the sake of smooth motion.

It may be worth amending your script to be able to specify different format.

Yesterday I converted my mpeg with AC3 video into h264/ac3 in a
matroska containter..

Once we have thought of a rather generic argument list, we can amend
the current recording setup screen and add the ability to start custom
scripts.

JY