[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection accuracy in Australia?

Julius Roberts hooliowobbits at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 22:26:22 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 07:26, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not great in my view. I'm running .24 and my guess is I get 50% hit rate if
> I'm lucky. On earlier versions it was better so it's a shame but these days
> we just press fast forward a few times when we reach ads.
>
> I'm on Sydney FTA. Interested to hear other's views.

We're in Hobart and the ad detection is not really up to scratch.. if
you consider that sometimes it flags during the tv show, and other
times doesn't flag during the ads, it's basically not much chop; i
should add that i am not complaining :) we love myth, and we just
accept that ad detection isn't what it could be.

fwiw, yes it is better on some shows than others, i have one show in
which it works flawlessly, but in most other cases, it's the ffwd
button.

I should also add, that as far as commercial FTA scheduling goes, most
usually if it's after 7pm, the actual start time of the program bares
virtually no relationship with the advertised guide start time, i
can't blame commflag for having no idea what is ad and what is
program..

I guess that's just another thing i've learned to accept.. and partly
forms the basis of why i don't watch much commercial tv; there's so
much good content on the ABC.  God bless Auntie.

--
Kind regards, Jules

The CLI is everywhere. It's all around us, even in this very room. You
can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your
television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to work,
when you pay your taxes. The GUI is the world that has been pulled
over your eyes to blind you from the truth.