[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2 - progress

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:00:34 UTC 2011

> Just thought I'd say that I've got the same card (Hauppauge NOVA-S2 HD
> DVB-S2) and myth version (.22 on mythbuntu bog standard ubuntu updates only)
> and got it working after a full scan (and I didn't back out any db
> changes/hacks either!).
>
> But what I did do was make sure I had the latest firmware for this card -
> see Firmware v1.26.90.0 section of this site
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000#Firmware (it's
> the same chip) and bob's your uncle!

That's promising that you got it working with 0.22, I have a different
card but it uses the same chip (and firmware) so will update to the
latest version.  Not sure whether this would make a difference but
I'll try anything.  I've already extracted the firmware and linked it,
what is the easiest way to force the firmware to reload without
rebooting (is there a way)?  I'm currently carrying out a full backup
so don't want to shut-down.
One other question, when you did the full scan which transponder did
you start on?  I started on the BBC HD transponder itself, but am
thinking that maybe the start parameters are too limited on the 0.22
user interface; perhaps if it stripped the information from another
transponder it would work.  Let me know how you performed your scan, I
might try again some time this week.