[mythtv-users] jumppoint: Live TV In Guide

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 11:06:54 UTC 2011

On 11 June 2011 11:12, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 June 2011 17:46, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i'm saying the opposite, Mike...
> > the way MythTV seems to be configured, the 'LiveTV in Guide' when called
> > from keyboard key 'S', is different to the 'LiveTV in Guide' Jumppoint
> > guide.
> > visually they look identical, but they appear to be handled very
> > differently, where the Jumppoint version is the more buggy one.
> >

> > youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk522Tv-_KM
> > nb: have HTML5 disabled&CC on; it seems youtube hasnt got the CC comments
> on
> > html5 video player yet!
> >
> > i hope that video explains it better than i can in words!
>
> I think that explains it pretty well:)
>
> The strange texture overlay that you get on the video is because part
> of the mythbuntu theme is painted natively by Qt and in 0.24, that
> painting sometimes occurs after we've disabled the main UI painting.
> Coincidentally, the mythbuntu background has sizeable areas of colour
> that match the VDPAU chromakey colour and hence the video shows
> through in part. The painter issue is fixed in master/0-25 (but the
> mythbuntu theme does need a fix to show that textured background again
> as it is a little plain without it).
>
> wrt the video not being resized, I've just confirmed this with master.
> Looks like the video player is getting the resize 'event' too early
> (before it's fully started) and hence it fails. I could have sworn I
> fixed that a few months ago...
>
> regards
>
> Mark

glad that helps :)
also good to know you've been able to replicate the issue and also fix the
painter issue in 0.25. I look forward to a final/stable release, although
that does look to be a while off based off the wiki..

do you want me to raise a bug report with this..?
(just for reference if it helps, I'm currently running v0.24.1-9-g3657f31,
branch: fixes/0.24)

i'm going to have to leave it with someone far more skilled than me. My
skills end at the more basic scripting side of things, and definitely don't
stretch to fixing code! :)