[mythtv-users] mythcommflag failures with master

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 9 21:29:19 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 05:01 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Kenneth Emerson wrote:
>> Ever since I switched from 24-fixes to head (master) in mid-May, 75% of my
>> commercial flagging jobs have been failing with an error code of 134 (db
>> error?).
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9716
>
> If you comment out the abort at cc708decoder.cpp:268 it allows the
> commflag process to continue.  However, that may not be a "proper"
> fix.

And, to provide a bit more info that may make it easier for you to
diagnose issues in the future, Ken, the MythTV exit codes are only
useful when a program shuts down properly.  If a MythTV application is
terminated through a signal, you will get a shell-provided exit status.
So, for example, bash provides a value of 128 + n if the process is
terminated with signal n.

Therefore, the 134 exit status is actually 128 + 6, where "man 7 signal"
will show you that SIGABRT (abort) is signal 6.  Another common exit
status is 139, which is 128 + 11, where the 11 corresponds to SIGSEGV.
(Note that the particular value for signals is not guaranteed to be
constant across operating systems/platforms/distros/..., so always check
"man 7 signal" for the proper meaning of a signal.)

Mike