[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jun 9 16:03:33 UTC 2011

On Jun 9, 2011, at 2:26 AM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

>>> Actually, I was trying ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_keymaps/haupp
>>> When I try ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_maps.cfg I get the following error:
>>> Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.
>>>
>>> I do not have the ir-kbd-i2c module loaded right now though, so maybe
>>> that is the issue.
>>
>> Yeah, module has to be loaded, or there's no rc device for ir-keytable
>> to upload the keytable into.
>>
> Jarod, I appreciate your patience.

Lets just say there are still some rough edges and things *I'm* still
figuring out with all this myself. :)

Constructive and friendly back and forth is always appreciated.

> I am trying this with the
> ir-kbd-i2c module loaded.  I get these errors:
>
> [root at localhost lirc]# ir-keytable -r
> Not found device rc0
> [root at localhost lirc]# ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_maps.cfg
> Not found device rc0

Hrm. What does 'ir-keytable' without any args spit back?

> I am obviously still doing something wrong.  I am still getting some
> activity in irw for some of the keypresses. but not the ones I had
> issues with previously (and all register in dmesg).  I am probably
> missing something obvious though.

If the module has been loaded, then unloaded, then loaded again, it
would move the rc device to rc1 instead of 0. (back-tracking on the
device number can be complicated, for simplicity's sake, devno is
just always incremented when another instance is created).

> I changed "type: UNKNOWN" to "type: RC-5" although that line is
> commented out anyways, so I would not imagine it makes much of a
> difference (# table haupp, type: RC-5).

I know it looks like just a comment, and its ugly, but ir-keytable
actually parses that and uses it to set the active protocol decoder.
That could use some work upstream...

> Do I need to edit my
> /etc/rc_maps.cfg?  I have posted it to
> http://www.mustbethemoney.mine.nu:8080/rc_map.txt  Maybe something is
> missing in that file?

Interestingly, it doesn't seem there's a rule that would actually
load the haupp table in there. Providing a line to add will be easier
after seeing the ir-keytable no-args output though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com