[mythtv-users] Possible to recover recording group password?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 8 23:13:02 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 05:52 PM, mat wrote:
> Thanks for the help on this Mike. Yes, it's definitely in 'Watch
> Recordings'. I only have one backend - the problem only shows up on one
> particular frontend.
>
> Strange problem to say the least. My first thought, when I discovered that
> table was empty, was that the passwords were stored elsewhere - is this
> not the case then? I'm on version 0.23 I believe.

What's the exact text in the dialog that's asking you for a PIN.
There's a host-specific setting:

Setup PIN code
This PIN is used to control access to the setup menus. If you want to
use this feature, then setting the value to all numbers will make your
life much easier. Set it to blank to disable.

which is meant to require a PIN before anyone can modify configuration
of your system.  It has nothing to do with allowing access to
recordings, but perhaps that's what you're seeing?

All I can say is that from the information you've provided, you do /not/
have recording group passwords, so you don't need to clear them.  More
details of the exact problem you're encountering would make it easier to
identify the real issue and how to fix it.

Mike