[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 11.04 lirc mceusb module - how?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jun 7 18:27:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
> your going to have to help me more, Jarod :(
> 'just install your distros lirc packages and choose default' - how and
> where?! mythbuntu includes lirc, and i've gone into the mythbuntu control
> center and set it up for the MCE remote; but still it fails to work.
> aside from that, i cant find anything todo with 'default' either.
>
> i'm at a loss on this one; i just cant get it working!

Tell us more about your system.  What TV card are you using, with what
driver, and how did you install it?  What do you see if you type "ls
/dev/lirc*"?  What about "lsmod"?  You had it working and then it
broke.  Did it break as soon as you installed your TV card drivers or
on the next reboot following that?

Eric