[mythtv-users] record live/first showing of sports?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jun 7 16:09:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 11:29:39AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/07/2011 11:05 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM, David Engel wrote:
> >> You can also do that for normal recording rules by setting the
> >> location to look for duplicates to "Record new episode first
> >> showings".
> >>
> >> Yes, it's a major kluge the new episodes and first showing options
> >> were shoehorned in that way.  It's in the process of being fixed.
> > sadly this doesn't work, I have all my sports set to that and Myth
> > still insists on recording a repeat showing instead of the original
> > airing.
> >
> > this setting works great for tv series were reruns are aired on the
> > same or other channels. But, even for those, if a new episode is being
> > repeat later that night or the next day it will sometimes schedule the
> > secondary airing as well.
> >
> > What I'm looking for is a way to say, "yes, I know this will re-air
> > two hours later and that would allow you to record more scheduled
> > shows, but I insist that this show record the original, and first,
> > airing even if it means other shows will not be recorded.". A "Sports"
> > mode option so to speak.
> I'm not sure why this would be.  The first-showing SQL looks like it
> should only mark one airing with a given programid as a first showing.
> If you truly want the /first/, first episode, I think you can disable
> the setting:
> Reschedule higher priorities
> Move higher priority programs to other cards and showings when resolving
> conflicts. This can be used to record lower priority programs that would
> otherwise not be recorded, but risks missing a higher priority program
> if the schedule changes.

When the first showing option is enabled, the subsequent showings
aren't matched by the rule.

The only thing I can currently think of that might explain the
behavior Steven is seeing is the subsequent showings are being matched
by *another* rule.  In that case, the later showings might be
scheduled first due to priorities or conflicts and cause the first
showing to be marked as rsLaterRecording.

David Engel
david at istwok.net