[mythtv-users] record live/first showing of sports?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:05:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 09:25:38PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 06/06/2011 09:17 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> > Has anyone figured out a way to get Myth to record the live showing of
>> > a sports event instead of a later repeat?
>>
>> See the "First showing of each episode" example clause in the
>> mythfrontend custom recording rule editor.
>
> You can also do that for normal recording rules by setting the
> location to look for duplicates to "Record new episode first
> showings".
>
> Yes, it's a major kluge the new episodes and first showing options
> were shoehorned in that way.  It's in the process of being fixed.

sadly this doesn't work, I have all my sports set to that and Myth
still insists on recording a repeat showing instead of the original
airing.

this setting works great for tv series were reruns are aired on the
same or other channels. But, even for those, if a new episode is being
repeat later that night or the next day it will sometimes schedule the
secondary airing as well.

What I'm looking for is a way to say, "yes, I know this will re-air
two hours later and that would allow you to record more scheduled
shows, but I insist that this show record the original, and first,
airing even if it means other shows will not be recorded.". A "Sports"
mode option so to speak.

I don't see "Record new episode first showings" as a recording option.
I'm running 0.24-fixes, perhaps this was added in trunk?

Priority level also has no bearing on the logic that decides.

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!