[mythtv-users] One show keeps going to descriptive audio in English AC3 2ch

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 7 13:41:10 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 02:05 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> I've passed this on to the CTV engineer I was dealing with, as their
> tests onsite are saying English is listed for both. Would love an
> option in MythTV (perhaps with a warning) that would allow us to
> assume "Undetermined" is the language of our choice.

Can't really do that--since the caption/subtitle auto selection is
piggy-backing off a necessary setting that allows users to specify their
language of choice for MythTV and listings--without adding a new,
unnecessary for 99.99999% of users setting.

So, since you have identified the problem and they should have it fixed,
soon, it's just a matter of selecting the right caption track manually
for a little bit longer.  You can do so from the menu or, even easier,
unbind your keybinding you're using for captions (likely 'T' on TV
Playback/TOGGLECC) and bind that key to TV Playback/NEXTCC, which allows
you to use the same button to cycle through all the captions (or turn
them off when you hit the end).

Mike