[mythtv-users] One show keeps going to descriptive audio in English AC3 2ch

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:05:39 UTC 2011

Just wanted to pass along an update on the CTV Toronto issue. I
downloaded TSreader and it shows only the descriptive audio track has
a language label.

Just an update. Downloaded tsreader and as you can see from the info
below, only the descriptive audio track at CTV is passing on a
language descriptor:

Audio Track 1

Elementary Stream PID 68 (0x0044) AC-3 Audio
AC3: Bitrate 384 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
AC3: Mode complete main Coding 3/2 5 L, C, R, SL, SR
Descriptor: Registration Descriptor
 Format identifier: 0x41432d33 (AC-3)
Descriptor: ATSC AC-3 audio Descriptor
ATSC AC3 Descriptor
Descriptor: Stream Identifier Descriptor
 83

Audio Track 2

Elementary Stream PID 69 (0x0045) AC-3 Audio
AC3: Bitrate 384 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
AC3: Mode complete main Coding 2/0 L, R
Descriptor: Registration Descriptor
 Format identifier: 0x41432d33 (AC-3)
Descriptor: ATSC AC-3 audio Descriptor
ATSC AC3 Descriptor
Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor
 Language: eng
 Audio type: visual impaired commentary
Descriptor: Stream Identifier Descriptor
 8d

I've passed this on to the CTV engineer I was dealing with, as their
tests onsite are saying English is listed for both. Would love an
option in MythTV (perhaps with a warning) that would allow us to
assume "Undetermined" is the language of our choice.