[mythtv-users] No upcoming recordings

Josh Rosenberg mythtv at desh.info
Mon Jun 6 23:13:07 UTC 2011

After running an update of my computer (including a kernel upgrade to
2.26.32-32), I suddenly have no upcoming recordings.  All of my
recording rules say "(Recording 0 of 0)", and they bypass scheduled
shows without recording.  I haven't changed anything else recently,
and in particular I hadn't gone into backend setup for serveral weeks
(during which dozens of shows recorded successfully) until I tried to
debug this problem.

Even testing a new recording by going into the schedule grid and
pressing "R" results in a new rule, but not one that actually records
the show.  I have forced a run of mythfilldatabase by going into
backend-setup.  I am recording via an HDHR from a Comcast connection
in the US, and I have verified that my Schedules Direct subscription
is up-to-date.  The grid of upcoming shows appears normal, and live TV
works as usual, as does viewing old recordings.  Machine Status
reports that I have 351 GB (19%) of my hard drive free, a number that
should be plenty, though also a number that surprisingly didn't drop
when I deleted some recordings.

I'm running Mythbuntu 10.04 and MythTV 0.24 on a single combined
frontend/backend.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot?  Thanks in advance!

Josh Rosenberg