[mythtv-users] OT: Suggested ffmpeg commandline

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:41:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've spent hours, and multiple failed attempts, trying to come up with
>> a good method of conversion from .m2ts to .h264/mkv files.. and have
>> MythFrontend play them... .and had no success.
>>
>> Problems?
>> - jumpy/stuttery/dropping audio
>> - black/blue/green frames
>> - invalid video type

> Have you tried HandBrake? It has some very good out-of-the-box presets and
> remains extremely powerful for those who still want flexibility. I'd suggest
> trying it with the default options and "high profile" preset with a -q
> setting of 20 or a bit lower.

I haven't used it under linux, but I've used it on a windows desktop,
and was less than impressed overall with the presets available,
especially when the target is H.264 1080p AC-3 5.1. I'll grab the
latest version for my backend (F14) and give it a shot.