[mythtv-users] livetv files showing under recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 6 21:19:10 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 04:57 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:44 PM, harley-jones.co.uk wrote:
>> Strange, I have never change the defaults and my LiveTv recordings dont get
>> deleted after 24 hours. But then I dont record a lot so my disk never fills
>> up so the system is not autoexpiring anything?
> It may be that it happened so long ago that you don't recall, or that
> at that time you thought it did something but it in fact did another,
> but the default behavior is to do as mentioned previously.  You might
> want to take a look at your autoexpire settings and see how they vary.

Also, there was a bug in some versions of MythTV (I'm thinking in the
0.23 timeframe) where autoexpire would fail if you had a 0-byte or
missing file that it tried to expire, and it wouldn't expire anything.
To fix, a) update to current MythTV and b) (just because it's still
wrong even if it doesn't cause problems), clean up your orphans with
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py .

Mike