[mythtv-users] "on known multiplex" and saying we're recording when we're not

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:54:43 UTC 2011

The missus was recording the Today show today. When she tried to
change the channel it would give her the "on known multiplex" message
and only show her the NBC sub-channel. Here was the encoder status:

Encoder 1 [ HDHOMERUN : 10305A8C-0 ] is local on buster and is not recording.
Encoder 2 [ HDHOMERUN : 10305A8C-0 ] is local on buster and is not recording.
Encoder 3 [ HDHOMERUN : 10305A8C-1 ] is local on buster and is not recording.
Encoder 4 [ HDHOMERUN : 10305A8C-1 ] is local on buster and is
recording 'Today' on WGRZ-HD. This recording is scheduled to end at
11:00 AM.

Strangely, looking at Mythweb would occasionally show that the
subchannel was recording (it showed Encoder 3 recording "Live TV and
would finish at 10:00am" though a) she wasn't recording and b) the
show wasn't showing up as recording in media library.

My frontend is set to browse all channels.

Any ideas?