[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 12:00:51 UTC 2011

On 3 Jun 2011, at 20:54, w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com wrote:

> Op 3-6-2011 14:12, Robert Longbottom schreef:
>> Fortunately I moved to a dvbs2 card a few months ago - a mystique
>> satix s2 dual, which has been working well using the one of the ngene
>> test branches from Linux dvb
>> Cheers,
>> Robert.
>>
> Hi Robert
>
> I also have a Satix dual lying around.
> I tried this card about a year ago.
> The card worked more or less but the CI would not work at all.
> Do you use the CI?

There has been a bit of a drama getting support for the Satix S2 CI & another compatible card I can't recall the model of. The CI is a little unconventional in implementation and is a bit too flexible to fit into the usual CI on DVB framework.

Have a look around the linux-media mailing list for the full story but I saw some commits for it recently, probably available in kernel 3.0.0 or media-build. It may not be directly compatible with myth due to it's unconventional functionality, there didn't seem to be any interest in myth devs supporting specifically it when asked either.

Andre