[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 10:16:30 UTC 2011

On 3 Jun 2011, at 13:42, Alasdair Macdonald wrote:

> Here's the blog item:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2011/06/changes_to_bbc_hd_channels_on.html
>
> and the key technical data:
>
> Satellite: Astra 2D tp.50
> Frequency: 10,847MHz (vertical polarity)
> Modulation: DVB-S2, QPSK
> Symbol Rate: 23.0
> FEC: 8/9

Well, no immediate switch to 1920x1080, all three channels still running at 1440x1080, BBC HD was just peaking at almost 18Mb/s though, an especially frantic sequence from Top Gear in the Preview, just happened to be what my test recording caught, hope that's not a temporary mistake on BBC's part.

All works fine, although I had to do a full rescan & delete off air channels in the end, this means I need another re-scan existing transports after 7pm to get the part time channels back.

Hoping that the new web controlled backend allows more granular scans, a tuned scan without having the scan automatically zoom off to all other muxes would be great but I'm sure the relevant devs know that already.

Andre