[mythtv-users] Stable DVB-S2 hardware

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 14:08:31 UTC 2011

On 5 June 2011 12:53, w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com <w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hallo
> With BBC moving its HD channels to DVB-S2 an Canal Digital (Netherlands)
> moving it's SD channels to DVB-S2 the coming year its time to ugrade my
> backend.
> So I am looking for stable DVB-S2 tunercards that have good CI
> support.(all dutch channels are encrypted)
> I prefer PCIe,USB,Firewire in favor of PCI.
> Firewire
> In only find these.
> http://digital-everywhere.com/
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S2_IEEE1394_Devices
> I know the manufacturer is gone but i can find these devices on second
> hand pages.
> I would be interested in the floppy version.
> In find these.
> http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/QBoxS2CI.html
> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p160_SATELCO-EasyWatch-HDTV-USB-CI--DVB-S2-.html
> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p119_TechnoTrend-Connect-S2-3650-HDTV-S2-USB-CI-inkl--TT-Viewer.html
> Does anybody use any of the above cards?
> Or any other that is stable.
> Thanks in advance.
> Wim
> I have a Tevii S660 USB card that is DVB-S2. It is currently on the shelf
as I could not get it to work reliably. It seemed to lock up after a short
amount of time but I am yet to try and persevere with it....so in summary I
wouldnt go with it even though it provides Linux drivers unless someone here
can sya they have one reliably working in which case I would love to hear
from you!