[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: ATI Remote Wonder with Fedora 15

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 22:46:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

>>> OK, thanks.  Looks like I have another option to look at :)
>>
>> Note, however, that for reasons I don't yet understand, some of the lirc
>> userspace drivers aren't getting built into the F15 lirc userspace
>> packages. I thought I'd fixed it in lirc-0.9.0-5.fc15, but apparently not.
>> I'll get it sorted out as soon as I can though...
>>
>> --
>> Jarod Wilson
>> jarod at wilsonet.com
>>

> Glad you posted this Jarod.  I was starting to get really confused.  I
> decided to first try the atilibusb driver, as Mike suggested, because
> it seemed like the configuration would be most similar to what I
> *thought* I was doing with the lirc_atiusb driver.  I found a section
> in the MythTV wiki page for the ATI Remote Wonder for Mythdora 12.23
> (close enough to Fedora for me) describing the setup required for
> using the atilibusb driver.  In that section it states to modify
> /etc/sysconfig/lirc so that LIRC_DRIVER is set to atilibusb.  Well, I
> went to make the change on my system and lo-and-behold it was already
> set to this driver.  I guess I was using the atilibusb driver all
> along??  I guess that explains why I can't figure out where I would
> have gotten the lirc_atiusb driver / module for the past several
> Fedora releases.  Looks like my problem may just be what you've stated
> here; the driver is missing from the current F15 lirc package.  I'll
> look forward to the updated lirc package to see if that fixes things.

Jarod, I hate to hijack this, but is "mceusb" one of these missing
drivers in F15?  I'm seeing:

May 31 20:31:44 localhost kernel: [   12.738026] lirc_dev: IR Remote
Control driver registered, major 250
May 31 20:31:44 localhost kernel: [   12.913048] rc rc0: lirc_dev:
driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
May 31 20:31:45 localhost systemd[1]: lirc.service: control process
exited, code=exited status=1
May 31 20:31:45 localhost systemd[1]: Unit lirc.service entered failed state.

And not sure where to look further.

Thanks,

Josh