[mythtv-users] Is there an easy way to run script just after a recording finishes

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jun 2 19:51:45 UTC 2011

> Given that they are trying to control an external box, surely there will
> never be two recordings programmed at the same time (assuming that the box
> can only output one channel at a time).

That's why I said "when there are 2 recordings back to back". So you
have 1 program recording 1pm-2pm, and another recording 2pm-3pm. At 2
pm, the system is going to try and stop recording the first program,
and immediately start recording the second program on the same tuner.
When that happens, in order for the OP's goal to be accomplished
correctly, you need to make sure things occur in the following order
1) Recording 1 stops
2) The finished-recording event is triggered for recording 1,
launching the unlock script
3) Wait for script to finish
4) Proceed with recording 2, generate associated events, etc.

If step 3 doesn't take place before step 4, then you can end up with
the problems I mentioned in my previous post

--
Ron Frazier