[mythtv-users] mythcommflag issues

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 07:09:17 UTC 2011

this is now the second morning i've come down to find my mythtv box running
from an overnight recording.
based off the 'backend status' on the web admin page, the recording is
getting stuck when it tries to process the commercial flags.

i did a bit of investigation on google when the first recording failed; and
it sugested that 'mythcommflag' has frozen and you can use 'killall' to kill
it and this would clear the job. so i tried toto that on this 2nd failed
recording, but mythcommflag was not running when i tried to kill it.

the only thing that has changed between working and now is I was having
issues with the repo's since i built it (PPAs were always offline). so i
manually removed them from the repo list, and then added them back in from
the .deb (??) package from mythbuntu site. i then performed an update (not a
distro-upgrade though) which appeared to of worked fine.

the first job is long gone, i deleted that as i didnt know better. However
this second failed recording is still queued for processing.

can anyone shed some light on this? i guess viewing the logs will be next,
but not sure where im looking to view them (still fairly new to mythtv and
linux in general)