[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:14:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> On 01/06/2011 13:31, Andre wrote:
>> ION2, gt220, gt430 I think.
>
> Oh ok. Not an option for me then. At the moment, I have my FE set up
> to match screen mode the source, so my SD get played in a 576p
> screen mode, and the TV does the upscaling. I'd still be
> interested to try out vdpauhqscaling at some stage though.
>
> Paul.

supported, though I would make sure to only enable it for SD content.
the GT220 and up should be fast enough to leave it on for 720p content
that may need to be scaled by the video card to 1080p I made the
mistake of leaving it on for my Ion system and it caused stuttering so
I disabled it for all but 480i content which I have Myth scale to
1080p (I send 720p to the TV and let it scale).

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!