[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Jun 1 12:31:44 UTC 2011

On 1 Jun 2011, at 13:02, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> On 01/06/2011 12:50, Andre wrote:
>> I had #2 with UK SD, post 0.24 and pre BBC One HD, removing vdpauhqscaling seems to have removed #2 for me based on a couple of hours of BBC3 sample, it comes back when hqscaling is back on so I'm pretty confident the sample is enough.
>
> I've not tried vdpauhqscaling. I could give it a try to see if it causes
> #2 for me, although I'm not sure if the feature is supported
> by ION.

ION2, gt220, gt430 I think.

Makes quite a difference although my SD is especially bad here, a friend in Sandy Heath land sent me a Ch4 recording to settle an argument over pic quality and his is dramatically better, so now I know why he's not so bothered about HD, roll on 2012 Kent switchover...

Andre