[mythtv-users] DVB card and lirc stopped working

David Cushing david.cushing at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:28:19 UTC 2011

Hey
I started configuring my system a month or two ago and a certain gent here
very kindly gave me some excellent help in getting my system up and running.
I didn't have time to complete the setup and it wasn't actually relevent for
a while, so I shelved work on it for a period.
In that time, I also picked up an nVidia card to overcome some problems I
was having with the onboard Intel graphics.

Once I had installed the nVidia card, it seemed lirc stopped working when I
rebooted the system.  I still have no idea how to get it back up and running
again, as I can't seem to troubleshoot it.  There is still a /dev/ttyUSB0
device created.  lircd is running.  If I fire up irw, nothing shows up when
I press keys on the remote.

Today, I tried to resume setup of Myth, to get it to a working state.

It would seem that my system no longer recognises the DVB-S card I had
installed either  (A TBS6981).  There is no longer anything in /dev/dvb

Any ideas what might have happened, or how I can go about getting lirc and
dvb-s support back?
Much though I love watching other stuff using XBMC, I really want to get
Freesat support, as my Sky subscription expired today and i'd like to
migrate away from my now-defunct Sky box!

Many thanks

David :)