[mythtv-users] Hiss intermittently replacing audio on playback

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Sun Jul 31 23:46:42 UTC 2011

For the last month or so, I have had an intermittent problem on
playback. Sometimes, when starting to play back a TV recording, instead
of getting the soundtrack of the programme, I get a loud hiss. If I move
forward or back and then start playing again, it often picks up the
audio track and starts playing it. I do not get the same problem when
playing the same file in mplayer or Dragon Player.

Where should I start looking to track down the cause of this problem?