[mythtv-users] DVB tuner not working in Xen PV guest

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 19:56:49 UTC 2011

Christian wrote:

>The PCI Passthrough guide
>at <http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough>http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough states
>that swiotlb=force and iommu=soft must be set as kernel boot options
>in the domU.  Have you already tried hat?

Success, yay !

I find that page a tad less clear than it could be - at least for
someone who hasn't been following the ins and outs of xen patches vs
pvops kernels and so on. It's all the "you need this ...", "but if
you have <something> then you need this other thing" stuff that had
me caught up.

I think I had two things wrong.

Firstly, I had pciback.hide... in my Dom0 boot config, but it's now
xen-pciback.hide ...

In my DomU I needed iommu=soft but not swiotlb=force - in fact it
didn't work with swiotlb=force and iommu=soft both present. Get those
right and suddenly dvbtune gets results, and now MythTV setup has
found channels :)

--
Simon Hobson