[mythtv-users] Thanks to the Devs!!

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:32:55 UTC 2011

Hi

On 29 July 2011 05:06, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last night I upgraded my MythTV (Ubuntu 10.10x64) to the latest from JYA's
> repo (I think he's backporting some features).  I'm currently running:
> joltman at mythbackend:~$ mythfrontend.real --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-207-g5180d26
> MythTV Branch    : jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
> QT Version       : 4.7.0
> Options compiled in:
>  linux debug using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
> using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
> using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
> using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
> using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
> using_mheg
> Somewhere along the line, some magic was added.  In the past, I have had to
> change the Audio Sync for each video/recording (~120ms for 60Hz content,
> ~240ms for 24Hz content).  After the upgrade, the last "Audio Sync" rate is
> remembered!  I no longer have to put it in every time.  That's very exciting
> for me!

I have backported this change from master to the jyavenard/backports branch.

The actual change was written by Mark Kendall, and Michael T. Dean is
the one who told me about the git changeset to use. From then,
backporting was very simple

> While I love this feature, it would be awesome if I could put in a setting
> to tell Myth that 30/60Hz content is ~120ms and 24Hz content is 240ms.
>  Then, I could sit back and watch whatever, whenever.  The current feature
> will be great in regards to GAF.  Thanks so much Devs!!

You can always submit an enhancement request in mythtv's trac.

JY