[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 and patches to support it

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jul 29 01:29:23 UTC 2011

> Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm also talking this
> through with Ceton support.

The only things I can think of are:

1) Try and get it a better signal. If you've got a bunch of splitters
in line, can you temporarily hook it directly up to the line that
comes in the house. Although perhaps you can rule this out by looking
at the signal level and the signal to noise ratio, but I have no idea
what levels would be sufficient to rule that sort of thing out.

2) Make sure your card is seated properly into the PCIe slot. Ken's
post earlier about his card not being seated reminded me that I had a
similar problem with mine. In both of our cases, not being seated
caused the card to simply stop working, but I suppose it could be in
just enough to work but maybe have some signal problems. Perhaps not,
but it's an idea.You could also try a different PCIe slot if you've
got more than 1.

3) Are you using a cablecard or QAM tuning? If cablecard, I suppose it
could be a bad card (Ceton would have a better idea if that's
possible). You could try pulling the cablecard out and using it in
QAM-only mode (shut down, remove the cable card, ensure the ceton is
still fully seated in the PCIe slot, and then boot back up).

--
Ron Frazier