[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jul 28 17:06:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>>  (when you have a cablecard, it always
> seems to say "Copy Control Information: "Copy Free" (00)", even if
> it's an unencrypted QAM channel)

The encryption state and the copy control state are completely
independent concepts.  Here on Verizon Fios, I have a bunch of
unencrypted channels marked as Copy Once.  I can record them just fine
with an HDHR (not Prime) but they're blocked if I try to get them over
firewire to a STB.  So it's perfectly reasonable for the page to list
the CCI for all channels, even those which aren't encrypted.

Eric