[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:54:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what units does the Ceton web page
> > expect for frequency?  Is it possibly expecting kHz?
>
> Yes, it is khz. I had been working with the HDHomerun so long, I was
> used to entering everything as hertz. I couldn't figure out what it
> wanted to make it work, so I ended up having to google for some
> screenshots before I realized what it wanted. If you have a cablecard
> installed and look at the channelmap, you can see there that they even
> label the column in khz. Unfortunately, I don't think you can see that
> page if you don't have a cablecard installed, and by the time you do
> you probably don't care about the frequency much anymore :)
>
> So if you've got a frequency number with 9 digits, just chop off 3 zeros.
>

> --
> Ron Frazier

Ken,

After re-reading your post about the frequency got you a carrier and digital
lock, it reminded me of something.  When I was first trying frequencies, I
was accidentally entering copy protected frequencies in Hz.  Believe it or
not, I was getting both carrier and digital lock even though the frequency
was incorrect.  This was true even though I was the frequency translated to
the hundreds of GHz range.  That is most likely not valid.  I am not sure
what channel you are tuning, but make sure it is one that you know is
clear-QAM.  Do you have a current backend with valid clear-QAM frequencies
in it?  Where are you getting your frequencies from?  You may be able to
verify the copy protection status and frequency via your STB's service
menus.  I am fairly confident that your frequency will need to be in XXX000
format.

-Tom