[mythtv-users] LiveTV not working on remote FE but on combined FE/BE?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:01:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Andreas Witte <andreaz at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> thanks for your answer. The setting you talk about is inside the
> mythtv-setup?
> I wonder how its called... *scratches head* :)
>
> Thanks again,
> Andreas
>
>>I had basically the exact same issue and it had to do with one of my
>>backends not set to accept connections from frontends not on the local
>>machine (I forget the exact wording of the setting now).
>>(...)
>>--
>>Steve

ok, at home now and found it.
run mythtv-setup, go to 1. General
the first option is
Local Backend> IP Address:
if you have 127.0.0.1 then the backend will only be accessible
locally, so you want to put in the actual IP of the machine (generally
if you have a router this will be 192.168.xxx.xxx).  A little further
below you will also see
Master Backend > IP Address:
which should be set to the IP of the master backend, which in your
case will be the same IP. if you were to add a slave backend then the
first one would be that local machine and this second one would be
your current, master, backend.

It would not hurt to make sure the master backend always gets the same
IP. Some routers can supply a fixed IP for a specific network card MAC
address, but if yours can't there are other ways to do that on the
machine itself (search the internet there's lots of info on this).

hope this solves it!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!