[mythtv-users] Amazon Cancels HDHomerun Prime Pre-orders

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jul 26 03:24:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
> Mine was on June 26. Could I have missed by a day?

Perhaps.

I just got this from Amazon:

----
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:21:55 +0000 (UTC)
From: "order-update at amazon.com" <order-update at amazon.com>

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on June
25 2011 (Order# 002-7172979-6125800).

   "SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Premium Digital Cable Television
HDHR3-CC (Black)"
  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HKIB6E

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item
open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order
on August 24 2011, if we haven't located it by then.

[link]

You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you
want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

[link]

If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according
to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your
Account" (www.amazon.com/your-account).

By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that
you still want the item(s) though they may arrive later than expected.
If there are other items in your order, they will ship according to
the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account"
(http://www.amazon.com/your-account).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

[yada yada yada]
----

Note that nowhere do they actually provide a "new delivery estimate".

I don't know if anything has actually changed or if this is just
standard practice since today is one month since the order was placed.

Eric