[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Jul 25 18:06:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops, I must have missed one of your original posts.  It looks like I am
> going to be in for some headache.  I don't own a Windows box, so I will be
> on my own under Linux.

Not necessarily. My experience was just a single datapoint. The OS
switch may have been completely unrelated to my troubles. All I was
doing was documenting my experience, so that someone would have some
ideas in case they ran into trouble. If all you have is a linux
system, then try it. If it works, we'll know that the problem was
something else (perhaps related to the firmware, cable company, my IP
setting, or something else). If you have problems and they can't get
it working but the cable company claims it is paired, see if they can
leave you cablecard (that's what my installer was about to do)...tell
them you want to contact the manufacturer for guidance on the matter.

--
Ron Frazier