[mythtv-users] Problems installing second capture card - xmltv id issues?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 24 21:46:08 UTC 2011

On 07/24/2011 03:51 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:38:29 +0100, John Reid wrote:
>>> Is the Hauppauge connected to digital cable, while the nanostick is connected to an antenna?  If the three tuners are connected to the input, they should all three be using the same source.  In that case, it really wouldn't matter which order the cards were in since they're all recording the same stuff.  The only reason you would have to worry about order is if you were additionally using the analog encoders on the Hauppauge card for analog cable, or capture off a STB, and had to configure input groups.
>> All are connected to my antenna. I'll try using the same source then. I
>> had the distinct impression from the wiki that I should use different
>> sources for different capture cards. Probably just me getting the wrong
>> end of the stick.
> If all three are connected to the same antenna, and thus get the same
> channels, then they should all be using the same video source.

Yeah.  What the wiki may have been trying to indicate--and feel free to
elaborate or re-word the wiki article if appropriate--is that you will
need a different video source for the same channels if the capture
devices tune the channels differently.  For example, a user who's using
the same digital TV channels with a QAM tuner and a PVR-150 connected to
a cable-company set-top box, would still need 2 video sources since the
channels are tuned very differently (because a MythTV Video Source is
the list of channels available on an input and their associated tuning
information).

Mike