[mythtv-users] Problems installing second capture card - xmltv id issues?

John Reid johnbaronreid at netscape.net
Sun Jul 24 09:54:42 UTC 2011

On 24/07/11 10:52, John Reid wrote:
> I've installed my nanostick alongside my Hauppauge 2250. The nanostick
> seems to be working OK but I think I've messed up the channels on the
> Hauppauge. I have 2 XMLTV video sources. One is connected to both
> Hauppauge tuners and the other is connected to the nanostick. In the
> MythWeb channel editor I have 3 entries for each channel (one for each
> source id, I'm assuming the source ids represent the tuners). For those
> that were missing xmltv ids I copied the known ids to make them the same
> for all 3 entries for that channel. Was this the wrong thing to do? Do I
> need a different xmltv id for the same channel if the guide data is
> coming from a different video source?
>
> Any help appreciated,
> John.
A couple of other things:

My new nanostick is now /dev/adaptor0. I think the Hauppauge used to be
/dev/adaptor0 and /dev/adaptor1 but is now adaptor 1 and 2. This isn't
going to cause problems is it?

I do need to set up 2 different XMLTV video sources, one for each
capture card don't I?

Thanks,
John.