[mythtv-users] Regarding ticket 8969

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:53:56 UTC 2011

I am sorry to see it got locked, although I understand the strict rule the developers have to apply. I guess Patrick at ... was frustrated because, like me, he cannot use his mythtv system to watch tv or record any analog signal. Personally, I have to wait for the digital switch over which will take place probably next year - according to plan!!!
I realise we are a very small minority now, we analog users. And with no developers using this system things don't look promising. Would it help if I posted a small recording somewhere for some developer to download and investigate further, or is it just a lost cause? Had I been living 70 kilometers more to the north I wouldn't be facing this problem, but since I am here, I have to find alternatives.
The TV channels I grab by saa7134 analog cards. Is there a way to combine them with the mpeg encoders? Daniel, if you are reading this, did you mean hardware or software ones?
Thanks,

Yianni.