[mythtv-users] AutoExpire: Oldest Show First, yet newly recorded shows still expire...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 22 23:58:14 UTC 2011

On 07/22/2011 03:25 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> I /thought/ shows that were recorded with the "Keep X episodes" option
> and "Record new, delete old" would actually delete the old off the
> disk--not just stick it in the Deleted recording group.

Been reading the code since I wrote this, and I was right.  Anything
that's auto-expired--Live TV, "old deleted" shows, episodes over max,
recordings--is removed from disk and none is ever put in the Deleted
recording group.

I can't see any possible way for a show to be expired to the Deleted
recording group, so we really need those -v file logs to see what's
happening.  And that means, if auto-expire is what's putting things in
your Deleted recording group, something very major is messed up, somewhere.

Mike