[mythtv-users] AutoExpire: Oldest Show First, yet newly recorded shows still expire...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:25:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 07/19/2011 09:42 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> is there a log output I can set that will give me more detailed
>>> information as to how Myth is deciding what to expire? thanks!
>>
>> The info I requested in the ticket I linked earlier would be nice.
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7936#comment:18
>>
>> (might as well do -v file,extra , though).  And please make sure it
>> actually shows a run of the expirer that includes deleting a file.
>>
>> Mike
>
> oops, missed that part, will do. thanks!
>

> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

here's my log for the last few days.
http://indierocksteve.dyndns.org/users/tincanfury/expirelog.log
also, here is a PDF from MythWeb of the "Deleted" recording group.
http://indierocksteve.dyndns.org/users/tincanfury/MythWeb%20-%20Recorded%20Programs.pdf

So my beef is that there are so many recordings in the
"Expired"/Deleted group that while they still exist on the drive are
not shown in the Watch Recordings listing. I understand for shows
where you have a "No. of recordings to keep" value set why this would
be, and for those (news and some sporting events) I understand why
they've been moved. But as you can see there are also TV series where
no value for  "No. of recordings to keep" is given, and that are only
a few days old have also been moved to the Expired/Deleted group.

I have six 500GB drives dedicated solely to recordings each drive on
it's own in the Recordings storage group. I tell Myth then to keep 2GB
free on each drive.

I'd love to know why a show like The League which only recorded a few
days ago has already been moved to the Expired/Deleted group. Or, for
that matter, any series without a value set for  "No. of recordings to
keep" is moved there and not shown in Watch Recordings when it still
exists and is a very long time away from actually needing to be
deleted.

thanks!
--
Steve