[mythtv-users] Support for WinTV-DCR-2650?

James virtue at rocketmonkeys.com
Thu Jul 21 20:20:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I understand it, yes, it appears as a network device to the PC.
> The same is true of the PCIe Ceton CableCard tuner.
>
> Yes, it uses regular TCP/IP.  From the perspective of MythTV, at
> least, there will be no difference between this and the HDHomeRun
> prime aside from number of tuners.

Oh wow!  I didn't realize that about the Ceton as well.

So it sounds like the only consideration then is connectivity (PCI-E
vs ethernet vs USB), # of tuners, and price.  That's awesome!

I guess since the Hauppauge is (IIRC) a rebranded silicondust, so the
compatibility shouldn't be an issue.  Oh, what to buy, what to buy...

Thanks for the info!  Now if I can only get my analog tuner working in
the meantime...